LED technology is a type of lighting which makes use of light-emitting diodes in order to create light. Because they’re more efficient, last longer and emit less heat LED lighting is often substituted by fluorescent lights or incandescent lights.
LEDs are composed of semiconducting materials which emit light when an electrical current flows through them. The color of light is determined by the type of semiconducting materials used in the LED. White LEDs are made of several different colored LEDs.
LEDs are available in a variety of colors that include green, white, red blue, amber, and. It is possible to combine two or more LEDs to produce diverse colors. LED lights are a standard feature of many modern appliances like smartphones and televisions.
With its numerous benefits over traditional lighting technologies, LED lighting is becoming increasingly widely used. These are just a few of the major benefits:
1. Lower power consumption: LED lights make use of 90 percent or more of their energy to create light. This results in significant savings on your electric bill.
For example, if you used a 100-watt light bulb on for 10 hours per day and it cost $5.30 in monthly electricity. A similar LED lamp of 13 watts will only require $1.20 worth of energy during the same time frame.
New LED bulbs are also made to last for up to 50,000 hours, which is 10 times longer than the lifespan of a CFL. The savings will be around $100 because you won’t have to replace your bulbs every so often and saving around 100 over the lifetime of the bulb.
2. Less heat output: LED light bulbs produce less heat than other types of light bulbs. This is great because you don’t need to be concerned about your bulbs burning out or sparking flames. Also, you can choose smaller fixtures because they don’t have heat sinks.
3. More efficient on/off times LED lights also come on and off faster than other bulbs. They don’t require heating up like CFL and incandescent bulbs.
4. More accurate colors: LED lighting can produce greater colors than other types of bulbs. They are great for painting and reading. They don’t produce the same amount of glare like CFL and halogen bulbs do.
5. LEDs are very small and are able to be utilized wherever traditional lighting isn’t an option.
In general, LED technology is a great option for those seeking better-performing and more durable lighting. If you’re trying to save money on your electricity bill and want to decrease the heat output in your home, and are looking to be more eco mindful with your lighting choices LED bulbs may be a great option for you.
For more information, click LED chandeliers